Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the parts for a 1994 powestroke (like fuel filter, glow plugs, etc) the same as for a 95-97? As I am looking for misc parts, the catalogs seem to list 1994 powerstrokes different than other years, and some even say they don't have parts available for a 1994. I am using the 'F' type motor in my parts search.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
Dave, what parts are you looking for? The companys do that since there was the normally aspirated IDI diesel, the turbo IDI, and the Powerstroke all in 1994. It was really bad in the beginning trying to get parts, but many places have fixed their databases. I recently sold my 94, but I still have lots of part numbers in my list. There aren't that many parts that are 94 specific on the motors (glowplugs and filters are the same on all 94-97). The pulleys and belt is different (7-rib on 94, 8-rib on the rest), the fuel bowl is slightly different (same as early 95, but filters the same on all 94-97), glowplug relay is different (newer ones work, usually just have to adapt the 94 harness), radiator and radiator hoses are different, and a few others. Ask away! Cheers!

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Patrick. Right now I am looking for glow plugs and a fuel filter. Maybe I will just use a 95 for my searches for the common stuff. I will remember the belts and radiator hoses though.

·
Registered
2,905 Posts
For glowplugs, I would get only Motorcraft/Beru plugs. Definitely DO NOT get Autolite plugs (the tips swell and break off). For both glowplugs and fuel filters, you can tell them it's for a Ford 7.3L turbodiesel, just use any year 95-97. Some Part numbers:

Glow Plug
(Ford) F4TZ-12A342-A
(International) 1820697C2

Fuel Filter
(Donaldson) P550966
(Baldwin) PF7678
(International) 1822631C91
(Motorcraft) FD4595
(Racor) IN F4595
(Napa) 3517
(Car Quest) 86517
(Wix) 33517
(Hastings) FF 1004

Cheers!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Ha Ha ya speaking of bone head part guys or systems. IF you have a 97 and ever need wiper blades make sure you ask for wipers for a 96 or they will be way too long! Guess the part looks up the F-250 LD which was a #### up anyway.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I also have a 94, the glowplugs you def. have to look up as a 95 as i found out when i had mine all ripped apart and went to change the first plug and discovered that they were way different in length, also just recentley i ran into that problem again with a tie-rod end, had to look up the 95 to get the right one cause the one listed for the 94 was way smaller in diameter, didn't expect that seeing how its not motor related.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts