Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Sponge
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here some parts I'm trying to get rid of.. All the prices are negotiable. Everything works but is in junkyard condition. They came off an old work truck. Actual shipping if you aren't local.

10.25 Dually rear axle - make offer ($350??)
Starter $50
Steering gearbox $50
Full set fuel lines $40 and selector valve $40 - $70 for all
Wiring Harnesses - power distribution, lighting, interior (motor & IMD/PCM portion sold already)- make offer
Parking brake mechanism with cable -$20
Brake master cylinder $25, with booster - $40
Steering column support - make offer
Betts Dri-Seal flatbed/trailer lights and circuit box - free
Steering column (5sp, non-tilt)complete with switches and ignition w/key -$50
All the glass - $20-$40 per window
Windshield washer/coolant reservoirs - $20
Cowl - $20
Stock AM/FM Cassette radio - Free
Stock front/rear speakers - Free
Seatbelts - $25 each/$40 both/$50 all three
Bench seat no damage but worn with splits - Free
Heater core - make offer
heater/AC in dash ducts/dampers/wiring - $25
Windshield wiper mechanism/motor/plumbing - $50
Radiator brackets - $10
Rear drive shaft (4x4) - $50
Door hinges - $10
Dual mass flywheel - $50
Below grill trim, flat black - $15
Plastic headlight mount - $15
Headlights - $15 each
Front turn signals - $10 each
Third brake light - $15
Full set of 2wd Bilstein shocks with less than 8k miles - $50
Complete doors with XL hardware (crank windows, no power) solid, but some rust (have to patch mirror mount rust)- $50 complete/$30 no glass
Complete engine available 225k miles, but strong, smooth running with no smoke - make offer

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
I'd also post this in the classifieds..

·
Sponge
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know. I'm working on it. I've done that twice for this truck with modest results. I've gotten better results with parting out questions in the forum because I think it's more obvious that it's all coming from one truck.

·
Construction Babysitter
761 Posts
Do you have the 'wait to start' light assembly from the gauge bezel?

·
Sponge
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, no. I have most of the interior, but not the instrument bezel, dash cover, or shift boots.

Which leads me to a question I have about parting out a truck. Is there any demand for interior trim? Especially from an old work truck? How about non-metal body parts like inner fender wells? I figure one person every five years of so will need something like that. But I feel weird chucking decent parts in the garbage. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
358 Posts
are i getting rid of the tranny to or u keeping that. i need some five speed parts. would u be able to part with the cross member for the five speed.

·
Sponge
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You're both in luck. PMs sent

·
got fuel?
2,581 Posts
Hows the windshield look?

·
Sponge
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hows the windshield look?
Perfect. I tried to get Safelite to swap it into my truck, but they brought another one when they came because they thought they would break it. They cut this one out of the truck anyway and came it out just fine. So they left it with me. How's $40 sound?

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Hey gotta ask, what did Safelite charge you to do your windshield? I just had them put one in for me two weeks ago if that. They charged me 158 and some change out the door. I am curious to see if there is a price fluctuation with area.

·
Sponge
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It was kinda weird. Safelite couldn't figure out that I wanted them to swap the windshield from this parts truck to my regular truck. And the local shop only has vans that do the work on site. So they showed up with another windshield anyway because they weren't sure they could get the glass out without breaking it.

The quote was $250 including glass or $150 for just labor to swap. For reasons I don't understand, they just installed the windshield they brought and just charged me the $150 anyway. Then one guy removed the glass from my donor truck. I had wanted the glass out of that truck before I took the cab to the recycle yard and I guess he was just curious to see if he could do it without breaking it.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
NICE!!!!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Does the truck have the front sway bar mounts?

·
Sponge
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Does the truck have the front sway bar mounts?
Ummm, track bar you mean? No. I bought the truck I'm parting out as a donor to convert my daily driver to 4wd. So I used all the front suspension parts I could.

I have a bunch of 2wd parts though! All in great shape.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Nope not the track bar I need the sway bar mounts, its 2 small brackets that the sway bar end links bolt to the frame.

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Hey gotta ask, what did Safelite charge you to do your windshield? I just had them put one in for me two weeks ago if that. They charged me 158 and some change out the door. I am curious to see if there is a price fluctuation with area.
Windshield prices vary a LOT geographically. My wife paid right around $200 for Safelite to do one of her '95s.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Yeah that is what I was looking to find out from him was how much of a difference he had paid versus my cost.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I would be interested in the fan shroud.

Which type is it? The four securing bolt design or the two bolt w/ tabs at the bottom design?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts