Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had their parking brake mess up on them. Mine has been stuck down 3 times now and i getting tired of it. 1st time i had to cut the cable. If anybody has any fixes for this or help please let me know!

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
Take everything apart, lube everything up. Replace brake pads. Make double sure everything is working free.

Not trying to be a SA, but if my e-brake was locking up on me, I would either do that or just never, ever use it.

And you are correct, on these trucks, it is a parking brake, not an emergency brake. If your brakes ever fail, drive out of it, don't try to e-brake out of it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know my brakes are working fine. I have been through my brakes from front to back, not for this reason just because i like tinkering. It is the parking brake mechanism that is under my dash that is always locking up. It is a pain in the rear to get to it to work on it.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
my buddies 88 done the same thing, he'd pull the release and someone would jerk the cables for him.LOL

·
Registered
386 Posts
i had it happen to me about 4 months ago. ended up cutting the cable. once i cut it and there was no pressure on it i found the piece that locked it up. it had just fallen out of its normal position. so i just tightened my parking brake up and hasnt happened since

1 - 5 of 5 Posts