Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gutted the parking barakes last summer and never got around to repalcing it due to all of the linkage seized up from rust. I got new shoes and spring kit from adavance but now I'm sure it didn't come with all of the parts i need like the adjuster. Does anyone have some pictures of the whole paking brake put togeher and also and part numbers so I can go to the dealer?

Thanks
Bobby

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I need a pic of the drum brakes (the parking brake)that are under the rotor

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
You can buy the complete parking brake already assembled from Ford. All you do is unbolt the backing plate and bolt the new one on. Makes it real simple. Not sure how much they cost though. The trucks I work on in the mine KILL park brakes and that is how I replace them.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks alot fbilly420. I will try that

·
Registered
277 Posts
You're looking at a minimum $300 for that assembly. The problem with the assembly is the sheet metal backing plate rusts through. You cannot by that piece only. You have to buy the entire assembly. Partially because the sheet metal is press fitted to the backing plate with the 4 bolts which would make it nearly impossible to service on it's own. I have a complete brand new assembly that I have taken apart to 'learn' how it works and to familiarize myself with it.I will be installing it soon and can take pics of it apart if you are still interested.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts