Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
<<< just like that......
810 Posts
Wow...I knew some guys secretly tanned but that is just disturbing to say the least. Some of the females {as bad as they were} still wouldn't scare me away...what can I say, I'm a guy.

·
Boomer
364 Posts
Wow...I knew some guys secretly tanned but that is just disturbing to say the least. Some of the females {as bad as they were} still wouldn't scare me away...what can I say, I'm a guy.
How about the other day i went to Sprint store near a tanning place and a guy got out of a Chevy 3500 utility box and he walked in the tanning place. I always knew chevy drivers were weird but that was just wrong.:doh:

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I know plenty of guys that tan....perfectly straight friends of mine that get a ton of play tan. They don't look like those guys, but I don't think it makes a dude weird or anything to tan. I personally don't do it, but I have nothing against those who do

·
Scab
1,296 Posts
Hypothetically if a person worked at night and slept during the day, they wouldn't get much of a tan. If they finally did get the opportunity to get out in the sun, they would fry. I could see that person going to the parking at a store near the tanning bed and walking over to it.

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Uh,... A lot of those people IMO are butt ass ugly. My gf tans a couple times a week which is plenty. Being obsessed with tanning can/will make you uglier than you think it does.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Uh,... A lot of those people IMO are butt ass ugly. My gf tans a couple times a week which is plenty. Being obsessed with tanning can/will make you uglier than you think it does.
Not to mention HIGHLY increases the risk of skin cancers.....when tanning beds became popular, my buddies dad (cancer doctor) began getting more and more skin cancer patients each year. The problem is, people not only get in the tanning bed, but they also tan in the sun. Your basically doubling the amount of UV rays your skin sees. Not good at all.

·
A Ghost these days...
2,434 Posts
Awesome.....

·
Kilroy was here
128 Posts
What was it thinking?

·
wheres the fat chicks?
1,833 Posts
:badidea:i just spit Honey Combs all over my laptop

·
GoNavy!
3,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not to mention HIGHLY increases the risk of skin cancers.....when tanning beds became popular, my buddies dad (cancer doctor) began getting more and more skin cancer patients each year. The problem is, people not only get in the tanning bed, but they also tan in the sun. Your basically doubling the amount of UV rays your skin sees. Not good at all.
Good thing is they'll be gone quicker than us :D ... I don't understand all these people... Like this one..

·
Junior Mint
2,461 Posts
I lot of those people are using Melanotan. The ones that are freaky dark are abusing it.

Melanotan is a drug that is legal in the 'Skin Cancer Belt" of Australia and New Zealand. Basically you give yourself a daily shot and the melanocytes in your skin become much more active. Much less UV exposure than normal causes the melanocytes to make your skin very brown and this in turn protects you from skin cancer. So you tan much easier, but you don't burn and don't sustain the UV damage to get brown. You also are protected from UV rays because your body has it's natural defenses up. You can actually get brown w/ no Sun exposure but Sun exposure definitely helps.

I got ahold of some a few years ago. At first my white face looked, well dirty. The corners of my eyes and mouth all looked more brown. Then I did develop a nice dark tan. It has some other side effects as well both pretty cool in my opinion.

First your skin because really thick. It looks younger and more supple but it's tougher as well. In fact piercing your skin w/ the needle becomes notably harder w/ time. I ride MX and crash and scrape my elbows and bleed a bit on a pretty regular basis. When I was on that stuff I swear I could slide down a hardpack straightaway on my elbows at 50mph and not get a scratch. It was weird. My elbows would be rubbed white and scrapped but it couldn't get thru. In a fight or a tournament that thick skin would be a HUGE advantage as it would be much harder to skin a knee or cut an eye. If you have ever really touched an Asian woman's skin and wondered why it felt notably different and very nice, it's because they have thicker skin than other races.

Second, the stuff gives you boners like you wouldn't believe. I mean it doesn't matter if you want them or not. Sometimes I'd be at work trying to deal w/ that and it was really a problem. Best to take the shot after work w/ your lady available soon after.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts