Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Ive just bought a 97 extra cab there's a few dents and scratches on it and one main area of paint missing near the rear window. so before it deteriorates id get to and give it some paint.
Ive contacted a few people local but its out of the question to pay what they want ( im in aust and they want $3000 min for a doors on respray)
I have sprayed numerous bits and pieces over the last few years lastly being my 7m alloy boat which came up nice. so im thinking of tackling it my self.

the question i want to ask is there any tricks along the way, like how do i remove trim with out breaking it, what can i get away with leaving on etc.
also once i have removed the trim how do i stick it back on, whats best for that job?

any help would be appreciated,

I hope to have a nice tidy 250 rolling around down under in the near future.

cheers
Towpig

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Whats involved in removing the windows, i imagine it would be pretty straight forward if i looked at it but im in the middle of the outback at the moment for work.
I read somewhere that someone just used rope under the seal for the rear window which i gathered gave enough room to get some paint under the where the seal sits. not ideal put i dont want to break anything pulling anything off cos i cant just whip down to a wreckers and grab a part ( dam f250's not being popular over here)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.