Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Santa, well Mrs. Santa said that could be my Christmas present, got the grill piece ordered, my son is going to school at Rankin for auto body repair. He's working at Maco right now as a prep guy, he asked his boss how much the paint would cost for the White Platinum Metallic Tricoat would cost, he replied 250.00! FOR THE PAINT?
Anyone price out the paint yet for that color? He's going to check other places in town for prices. This was going to be his Christmas Present to me also, he paint it, the wife buy the stuff....

·
Registered
673 Posts
If you are taking apart your grill and putting the new surround on I will give you a few tips.. Have 2 flat head screw drivers ready, go one clip at a time and work slowly. Then at the top you will have to take the piece that bolts to the truck off (held on by some push rivets) then you will notice about 5 or 6 plastic rivets, drill those out and go to the hardware store and grab some body panel clips and bolts. The clips and bolts work nicer and fit perfectly in the area provided by Ford! I can get some pics if you want of the clips I used. Good luck post up some pics the painted surround is one of the best appearance mods for these trucks!

Also for a reference my buddy has a white platinum metallic 2012 and had fender flares (including bumper pieces from a 450), chrome grill surround and mirrors painted and it was $650 or so materials and labor. To have my surround painted was far less than you were quoted for materials, granted the shop owner is a good friend but he only mixes the amount of material he needs.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Novakid, great pictures, my son talked to another member of the shop, they're supposed to get the material at dealer cost, so they thought it'd be 75.00 or so for paint.
My son's excited to show them he can paint, I'm ready to brag on him! LOL,, hopefully in a couple weeks or so I'll have it.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Thanks Novakid, great pictures, my son talked to another member of the shop, they're supposed to get the material at dealer cost, so they thought it'd be 75.00 or so for paint.
My son's excited to show them he can paint, I'm ready to brag on him! LOL,, hopefully in a couple weeks or so I'll have it.
Awesome! Cant wait to see it finished up! And no problem glad I could help. :psn:

·
Registered
110 Posts
novakid what kind of fender flares are on that white truck?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe he said in the reply above that those were F450 flares.....

·
Registered
673 Posts
Those are Bushwacker Extend-A-Fender with factory 2011/2012 F450 bumper flares. It came out real nice. I can get more pics if needed.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah, my bad, I read it to mean the flares and extentions were 450!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Ah, my bad, I read it to mean the flares and extentions were 450!
No problem at all..
Here are a few more pics, if you guys need any more or want any specific ones let me know :ford:

·
Registered
673 Posts
a couple more pics

·
I be shufflin
99 Posts
Yes Novakid how did he get the emblem ?? or how did he paint it ?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Damnit,, ok, someone in one of the recent threads had a link for a "How to" on taking the emblem apart, painting it and then resealing it.....

Or you could order an adhesive overlay, I hear they look fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts