Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gunnellett
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I have a 96.

Looking to paint the faded black parts of my grill and my wiper arms.

Wondering what paint to use to keep a factory look.

I'm assuming a paint good for plastic for the grill. Was looking at Krylon Fusion in black cause it specifically calls out plastic on the from of the can. The local store has it in gloss and satin. Which would be closer to factory looking? The grill now is so faded I can't tell. Recommendations for another paint instead for the grill?

How about the wiper arms? Gloss, satin, matte? A particular brand? Use the same as the grill?

Thanks!

·
whistle tits
3,498 Posts
For the wiper arms, I would bet getting them powder coated is the way to go. Wouldn't be very expensive either.

·
Gunnellett
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys.

I'll check into the powdercoating. Shouldn't be too expensive.

I'll go with the satin for the grill.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
do your wiper arms hinge to change the wiper blade like mine ? if so
I don't think you can powder coat them as an assembly and I think mine are riveted at the hinge

I also don't find paint not holding up being a problem I like the Rustoleum black Metallic
it has tiny reflective metal flakes (not anywhere near a bass boat) and seems to be really durable and i like it because it is easy to spray and hides imperfections

I painted my wiper cowl with plasti dip black it's held up fine also

my grill is chrome but anything black up front I also use the Rustoleum if i had your black grille I would have already shot it with the metallic if I hadn't replaced it with the 05 retro
Stops Rust® Metallic Product Page

my 2 cents anyways

1 - 7 of 7 Posts