Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else on here paint their pickups?

In the middle of body work as of now, just got primer in the mail today, and I already have the replacement fender

Gonna go with a “destroyer grey” color, should have it done within the next few weeks as well as a new built trans for it! I’ll be posting more pictures of it as I progress

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do! These are a few weeks old. I already have the truck completely sanded with 400 grit. I also have the visor off and ready for paint, I’ll get more pics in the morning. Can’t wait to have the final product

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Remove the windshield and rear window. Buy new door gaskets. Of course no one does that. That’s what I’d do anyways.

—————signature—————
~Don’t overthink something simple~
...:uptight people suck:...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gonna tape windshields for now, gotta replace the front sometime anyways. I’ll be replacing weather seal after paint as well

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Some more recent pictures

I also got these new badges and side markers, red and yellow led with tinted lenses to match my cab and mirror lights!

·
Native Texan
8,987 Posts
So when u coming by to do mine. Looking good I hope to get mine inside this winter and finish the rust repair so I can paint it in the spring.

"Y'all have a wonderful"
"My name is Bob the guy floating in the lake with no arms and no legs"
TSGT Bob W Martin USAF 1948-2014

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol I’m no professional! And thanks! Hopefully I’ll be priming this coming week and painting next weekend if all goes well

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry for the late update! Had to run out of state for a family wedding. Anyways, got her all primed up and ready for more sanding!

After we finish sanding again, I’ll be able to throw the new fender on there and shoot it with color! Hopefully by next week sometime, makes me wish I didn’t work full time lol!

·
PSN intsigator
6,111 Posts
Sounds like it was an unexpected wedding, would that be a shotgun wedding.

Getting close on the truck

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It was expected, but ended up having to pull a trailer which was unexpected lol, took longer than what was intended for sure

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Got the fender on today before it got too windy

Ready to finish body work, truck had the chrome strip on the bottom before I started, and it wrecked the paint underneath it so gotta add some more filler to smooth everything out before paint! If anyone is curious, I bought the replacement fender from Wallis fender for $300 online. Also, the retainers for the fenders were rusted and had to be cut, only place that I could find that sold them was LMC truck, but they wanted $9 for one (I believe 11 in total) so I bought some 9/16x1” bolts, washers, and nuts and they worked well, but be careful tightening the new fender down, easy to get those bolts too tight and start cracking your new $300 fender.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Got a new grill in after I realized mine was cracked. It’s been raining here for the past week so I haven’t been able to do much for body work. Wanted to have it painted by this weekend but it looks like I’ll be waiting another week, makes me wish my truck actually fit in my garage lol. Luckily I talked to my boss and he’s allowing me to use our shop at work to paint it so I’m not fighting weather

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks! Finally got a dry day today so hopefully I can finish body work and paint this weekend

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the body work finished and the first coat of paint on her today! I got two little paint runs I’ll have to wet sand out but other than that I’m totally happy with the way it’s comin out! Pulled the tailgate, front clip, tail lights and cab lights off and tapped everything else. Pictures don’t do it justice and I’ll try to get some better ones tomorrow after the wet sand and second coat. Hopefully if all goes well I’ll be able to start assembling everything tomorrow afternoon!

·
PSN intsigator
6,111 Posts
Looks good

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks! For being the second vehicle I’ve ever painted it’s comin out good. I’ve done plenty of flatbeds and bumpers but starting to enjoy the bigger projects

1 - 20 of 64 Posts