·
PSN intsigator
6,857 Posts
Can't say that I have

sig should be here

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
For what? That’s like people painting their intercooler black to “match” or hide it. Something that exchanges heat with air will not do an efficient job with paint on it. I’ve seen many done with no ill effects but I’m not going to do it with my oil/trans/intercooler.

Edit: you should try it and treat it like a scientific experiment. Measure before and after temps and let us know what your findings are?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
​ DieselDC;6014354 said:
For what? That’s like people painting their intercooler black to “match” or hide it. Something that exchanges heat with air will not do an efficient job with paint on it. I’ve seen many done with no ill effects but I’m not going to do it with my oil/trans/intercooler.

Edit: you should try it and treat it like a scientific experiment. Measure before and after temps and let us know what your findings are?!

I was thinking more for protection of rust. Mine looks terrible and its out for seals.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

·
Native Texan
9,070 Posts
There should be no problem since it is a fluid to fluid cooler. With it out should be easy to paint just mask off the areas where the orings are before u paint it unless you are going to assemble it then paint it then just keep the paint from the sealing surfaces for the block.

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet.

·
Native Texan
9,070 Posts
And post some pics.

Sent from my super awsome outdated new Samsung phone whose 500mA draw hasn't over-overloaded multiple already over rated branch circuits just beyond the kaboom point and caught everything on fire yet.

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I was thinking more for protection of rust. Mine looks terrible and its out for seals.

Oh okay when you say rusting I’m now thinking oil cooler as in the one below the driver headers! I was thinking oil cooler as in oil transmission cooler. Sorry early in the am haha. Yes paint that sob! Make sure you soak it in kerosene to clean it up good - helps loosen the crud in there.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
​ DieselDC;6014450 said:
Oh okay when you say rusting I’m now thinking oil cooler as in the one below the driver headers! I was thinking oil cooler as in oil transmission cooler. Sorry early in the am haha. Yes paint that sob! Make sure you soak it in kerosene to clean it up good - helps loosen the crud in there.

No sir! Done alot of stupid stuff but a air to fluid cooler is not somethin I'd paint. Lol.

I'll post pictures when im done.

·
Registered
3,758 Posts
There is some paint out there for painting radiators. Obviously never seen equipment radiators. Lol
But people like using the stuff on 2 cycle engines.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts