Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about painting my sons power wheels f150 to match my truck. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this. I never have had luck painting plastic.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Krylon fusion and adhesion promoter will let you meet your goal

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Registered
32 Posts
Glidden Gripper primer. Its the best for painting plastic. I used it on a plastic set of outdoor house shutters and its still holding up after 3 years. Its so good you can actually paint ceramic tiles after its been primed with Gripper.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the input. What's the best way to prep it. How good do I need to sand it.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Painted a golf cart top and its similar to that blow mold plastic on the toys. Clean real good with grease remover, use the promoter per instructions and get after it with the primer, base/clear.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Get a DA sander with a soft foam pad and 80 grit sand paper. Sand that #### down. Then spray with a 2k build up primer surfacer. block with 600 to 800 grit paper smooth and flat. Shoot with a primer sealer then base coat and clear. This is the same process that is used on your truck, and to tell ya the truth those adhesion promoters are garbage. The automotive process is flexible too if you use dupont or ppg paints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts