Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has ever painted their stock mirrors/ door handles to match exterior paint. Sanding, priming, finishing procedures. Anything would help.

I have 04 mirrors with the integrated lights I was thinking about doing white.

·
Registered
191 Posts
My mirrors and grill were chrome and I had a body shop paint them white to match and theyve held up very well, looks alot better too

·
Registered
362 Posts
i had a body shop do my handles and mirrors.. here is a pic of my truck before i added my handles not the best picture but i had them paint just the mirror white and the rest black...

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
i had a body shop do my handles and mirrors.. here is a pic of my truck before i added my handles not the best picture but i had them paint just the mirror white and the rest black...
Thats a sharp looking truck!! How much did they charge you to paint the mirrors?

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
Thanks... I think I paid $250 for mirrors and handles, they were done at the same time
did you buy new smooth handles or did you just have them sand yours?

·
Registered
191 Posts
200 for grill and mirrors

·
<---new toy
856 Posts
I had one of the painters at work do my grill and bunpers. you have to use paint made for plastic. It is different that metal paint. it is designed to be flexable like for dually fenders. you can use this type of paint plastic and metal, just not the other way. mine cost around 225 for the paint and 100 for him to do it.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Here is what I did....

Color Matching Some Parts

I would recommend using the automotivetouchup.com base coat, but not their clear coat. I have to re-do mine since the clear coat does not like bug guts. I am going to use this as my clear coat when I re-do the mirror caps... SprayMax 2K

·
Registered
741 Posts
This is an old picture when I just had them done. (Still has tape over the mirror lights) Sanded them and painted by a body shop. $175.00 I removed everything a took them to him.
[/url] truck and boat by MooringProduct, on Flickr[/IMG]

1 - 14 of 14 Posts