Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently just waiting on warmer weather, but just wanted to find out beforehand what I need to do. So I was able to get my trucks paint code made into rattle spray cans. I know I need to get rid of all the oil and grease on the pipes, which shouldn't be too bad considering i cleaned it with brake clean when I installed the KC38R turbo this past weekend. Then I'll be using 180 - 320 grit sand paper to clean up some surface damage (hopefully), then use 600 grit for the final sanding. What I'm stumped on is if I should use like an adhesion promotor or an etching primer before I use the rattle cans?

My truck is a Deep Tourmaline Metallic, I think it'll be different and definitely stand out when finished, its green but has that bluish look to it in the right sunlight

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
Use a good primer before you spray your color, that should be it. They are metal no adhesion promoter needed unless they are some sort of plastic.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Alright thanks. One thing I forgot to ask, when I spray the pipes, should I mark a line and tape it off at the line? (it'd be where the boots would go). Or is it ok to spray the entire pipe?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts