Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
they call me tater salad
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever painted the factory wiper cowl to match the truck? was looking at doing this but not sure what it will look like.

·
Banned
132 Posts
IMO With a red truck it won't look good. Red needs the black accents to break up the color. Red's a tough color cause to much can over do it quick. I think red with black wheels and accents look clean.
You could see if someone could photoshop it for you so you can get a def. idea of how it will look.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Macc...post up pics of your truck

·
Registered
94 Posts
I have seen several white trucks wihth them painted and they look sic. It is on my list to do as well. I have checked with several body shops in my neck of the woods and they are hesitant to paint them, they say it won't stick.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
Street Scene still makes smooth wiper cowls. I have one on order.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
I had bought one of the streeth scene smooth cowls for my 6.4 but it got totaled before I could put it on. But its a real nice looking piece but I have nothing to put it on now.

·
they call me tater salad
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
IMO With a red truck it won't look good. Red needs the black accents to break up the color. Red's a tough color cause to much can over do it quick. I think red with black wheels and accents look clean.
You could see if someone could photoshop it for you so you can get a def. idea of how it will look.
well my truck is getting painted gonna start body work on monday taking the box and doors off and its getting painted orangehttp://powerstrokenation.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22537&stc=1&d=1305476648

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had both my fathers (white) and mine (black) painted and they both look great. both wiper cowls are ford OEM. just make sure your hood gap is good. I learned the hard way.

·
Banned
132 Posts

·
Banned
132 Posts
well my truck is getting painted gonna start body work on monday taking the box and doors off and its getting painted orangehttp://powerstrokenation.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=22537&stc=1&d=1305476648
That's gonna look nice, IMO I would keep it black. May look to lowrider'ish if you go orange on the cowl as well, if that makes sense.

·
Attention Whore
5,183 Posts
A lot of people thought our trucks looked a like, besides the color, that's the only thing that's the same. haha
I don't want to clutter up and hi-jack OP thread, I'm going to put together a build thread soon.
A lot of people thought our trucks looked a like, besides the color, which is the only thing that's the same.
New Guy From DFW - Competition Diesel.Com - Bringing The BEST Together
Damn...missed that thread and thats my house. LOL
To answer your shock question....red KYB monomax stock length replacement in the front...same brand but use a 99-04 4wd front shock in the back. 3" shorter then a stock rear shock and much firmer. That's what I run and it's great.

·
Banned
132 Posts
Thanks a bunch, just realized I said the same thing twice, oops. LOL

·
Registered
814 Posts
has anyone ever painted the factory wiper cowl to match the truck? was looking at doing this but not sure what it will look like.

It looks good imo. Here's mine.

I didn't do it the "correct" way though. I didn't smooth it out or anything like that. I just painted it. In the right light you can see a slight difference between it an the hood because one is textured and one isn't but it's not enough for me to give a sh!t. I've got better things to do with my time.

·
they call me tater salad
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It looks good imo. Here's mine.

I didn't do it the "correct" way though. I didn't smooth it out or anything like that. I just painted it. In the right light you can see a slight difference between it an the hood because one is textured and one isn't but it's not enough for me to give a sh!t. I've got better things to do with my time.
that looks pretty sweet and i wouldnt give a damn either if i did mine it wouldnt be smooth i would just paint it too

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Macc just thought I would say your truck is bad ass... done cluttering now :D

I would have the cowl ptm I think it would look good

·
Banned
132 Posts
Macc just thought I would say your truck is bad ass... done cluttering now :D

I would have the cowl ptm I think it would look good
Thanks I appreciate that, almost done. lol

Here's rodknocker's