Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I painted the top cover thingy cause I took it off a while ago due to missing a mounting bolt/nut.

Anyone come up with better mounting hardware, the dealer doesn't have a stock # therefore can't order.

I went and got a couple bolts and acorn nuts, but when mounted it is wobbly, anyone have this problem and what did you do to mount it more solid?

Thanks!

Here's the thingy, I don't know the technical name for it.

·
Gone Broke
1,072 Posts
Umm.. nearest hardware store.. if you can paint like that and cant figure out where to get a fricken bolt/ washers to thighten it up you sir are a ritard :D

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
Umm.. nearest hardware store.. if you can paint like that and cant figure out where to get a fricken bolt/ washers to thighten it up you sir are a ritard :D
Ummm it says right in his post that he got some, but its still wobbly.

To op, maybe make a bracket or put some washers underthe cover on the bolts to hold it up a little higher. Just a thought.

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha Wholly smokes that's funny!

Ummm it says right in his post that he got some, but its still wobbly.

To op, maybe make a bracket or put some washers underthe cover on the bolts to hold it up a little higher. Just a thought.
Tryed the washers, and would love to make a bracket. Any idea's for something clean looking even though it won't be seen. lol

·
Smell My Finger
1,029 Posts
I honestly wouldnt have a clue. I took mine off all together, and after seeing how good yours looks i might try and wiggle it back in there, after i paint it.

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks! Yeah I've noticed a lot of people take theirs off, but to me it just looks incomplete without it.
If I come up with something nifty I'll post it up.

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, took me all day. haha

Whoever does this, post up some pics please. Oh and how is yours mounted, since I still need to figure that out too. haha

·
Banned
87 Posts
That looks great. I think i might have to do that

·
Registered
186 Posts
I bet you could bend a piece of 1/4" steel strapping to put under it and make it stable. Just a thought....:shrug:
That would allow you to keep it from wobbling and give you a little less thread which would allow you to tighten more....just be careful.

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks great. I think i might have to do that
Thanks! Post up a pic please. Haha we have 3 guys that plan on doing this now, sweet.

I bet you could bend a piece of 1/4" steel strapping to put under it and make it stable. Just a thought....:shrug:
That would allow you to keep it from wobbling and give you a little less thread which would allow you to tighten more....just be careful.
Thanks, I'll have to take a trip to Lowe's and take a look at what they have.

·
Registered
186 Posts
So was this painted with a paint gun or rattle can?

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sand, primer sealer, paint, clearcoat, wetsand,.buff. All day dealeeo for me. Haha

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
I did mine years back and i epoxyed washers on the bottom of the cover to raise it up some. a picture of the finished product in my web shots

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
That looks good, I was thinking of painting and outlining the boarder and letters too, but I think I'd end up twitching and have a paintline across the cover.
I'll look in your webshots to see if I can find what you did, thanks.

·
Here for the party....
787 Posts
I am missing mine. Dude at Sunrise Ford in Fontana jacked it when he replaced my fuel bowl lid and oil change. I had finally gotten over it, but this stirred that up again, thanks!

Looks awesome by the way!

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha, sorry! Heck as many people that take their's off you should be able to find one for cheap. Maybe when he pulled it off and just forgot about it since so many people don't have them. :shrug: Maybe...??
You find one, mail it to me and I'll paint it for you, just tell me what color.

·
150 Posts
Sand, primer sealer, paint, clearcoat, wetsand,.buff. All day dealeeo for me. Haha
Same for me.. I may fix the crack in mine and do the same thing to it...

·
Banned
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
You can still buy the mount from ford.
Due tell please, you have a part #? So buy the mount and the bolts come with it?

I have the mount, but for some reason when I put the cover thingy on even with the bolts I bought it teeters, and that will scratch meh paint. haha

1 - 20 of 25 Posts