Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am trying to decide what route to go with my grille. its the stock 2002 f350 xlt grille. should i paint match it to the truck or black? btw it doesn't have the grille guard on it anymore.

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
either way i go, should i leave the chrome or paint it also?

·
04 oilburner
88 Posts
My bad, I thought you were talking about the chrome part. I painted the chrome part of mine arizona biege and the middle black. I also painted all the grey plastic black to match (lower valance). I think it looks good especially because the body colors are arizona biege over black.

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can't tell if your trucks is Charcoal gray or Tan, if its Charcoal gray I would paint the entire grill, but if its Tan I would just paint the grill like this.
It's tan. I really like that look! I think that's what I am going to go with. I like the chrome with the paint matched inner part.

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Alright I should have it done in the next couple weeks. I have a friend who's a painter who'll most likely do it for me for only the price of the paint ��

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
okay sorry about taking so long but i have just been real busy with school. I haven't done it yet but I've decided to paint the inner part flat black and the chrome part I'm gonna paint with this duplicator shadow stuff i found. should give it a glossy look. I'm also gonna do the chrome part of my front bumper also with the shadow stuff. opinions?

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
this is the idea I'm thinking of:

any opinions? and do y'all think this would look good with beige paint matched mirrors and door handles?

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
kinda messed up on the photo shop but y'all get the idea

·
Registered
259 Posts
I think it will look pretty good. You going to paint the rear bumper to match? Definitely would set it off with the painted door handles and mirrors. I'd try plasti dip on the bumpers first to see if you like the color change. You're going to have to put a lot of work into them bumpers. I thought about painting my chrome bumper too. The color on your picture looks awesome though. Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well i already have a black ranch hand bumper on the back. I'm gonna use this duplicolor paint called shadow. you just have to clean it well with a degreaser and then spray on the shadow and then clear. it gives it that "black chrome" look that i like. but I'm gonna plastidip the door and fender emblems and the part of the grille thats not chrome. already got the plastidip, i need to get the shadow paint and then find an open weekend! and if i ever find the time ill paint the wheels too!

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In the process of plastidipping the grille right now! ill post pictures when i'm done!

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the grille finished last. I forgot to take pictures before the first 3 coats but I have youtube videos of each. http://www.youtube.com/user/lanefrost2011/videos
Sorry, it was dark out when I did this.

After 3 coats:

After 4 coats:

Finished:

Installed:

·
7.3L strokin'
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
opinions please! my next step is using the duplicolor shadow on the chrome part of the bumper.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts