Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Couple of quick ones.

I've got a dent in my driver side rear just below my bedrails. Its kinda creased, but can a body shop still pull it and blend paint or whatever to match the rest of the bed?

Secondly, got some gnarly (I'm guessing) clearcoat scratches in one side in my white stripe. Can those be buffed/polished/whatehaveya out?

Trying to get the truck pretty again with the least amount of money and work, and still have it be nice.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Yes they can fix it and blend it but they will probably have to do the whole bed side. If the white stripe is painted and the scratches aren't too deep yes they can buff them out. As far as cost it will depend on how much work is involved in the repairs as to what they will charge.

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
the general rule is that if you can catch it with your fingernail its too deep to buff out. if it catches you need paint. as for the crease they will at the least re-clear the whole bedside but most likley just paint and blend the immediate area

·
Flossin'
2,088 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool thanks.

Gotta get the hood painted this summer (who needs enemies....), so I figured I might just try to get it all fixed. Sick of it looking like ####, paid it off, might as well make it worth keeping.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts