Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and some frame painting

Well last week I finally dropped my paintable rear bumper off to be painted the color of the truck and I picked it up today.

I have been wanting to coat the frame with POR-15 as well so I figured this was a good time. I didnt get the front painted yet but Ill do that this weekend.

I got it all prepped and eveything and painted and then I put on the rear bumper and I really like the way it looks

Let me know what you all think!

Before:

Frame painting before:

After:

Bumper after:

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

·
<----Simply the best.
3,594 Posts
Yup judging by the before pictures you definitely live in the northLOL

Looks good. I'd love to do that to my truck.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good lookin pickup
Thanks!

Wow. Looks great!
Thanks Jeret!

Yup judging by the before pictures you definitely live in the northLOL

Looks good. I'd love to do that to my truck.
haha yep I hate rust with a passion. So i decided I was gonna stop it on this truck before it got too out of control

And thanks!

Loved the truck before, and it's looking even better now!! :bowfast:
Thank you!

·
Registered
386 Posts
the truck is looking damn good!

·
Banned
844 Posts
Looks GREAT!! How long did that take?

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
386 Posts
is that POR-15 a spray on paint?

·
7.3 Enthusiast
682 Posts
I'm in the middle of doing the same thing with my truck as far as painting the frame. I'm using SEM Rust-Shield. Just curious how you went about applying it? I hate rust with a passion too....

Truck looks great though! Quick question who makes your traction bars?

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
is that POR-15 a spray on paint?
It comes in a gallon, quart or pint and you can either paint it on or spray it on

I'm in the middle of doing the same thing with my truck as far as painting the frame. I'm using SEM Rust-Shield. Just curious how you went about applying it? I hate rust with a passion too....

Truck looks great though! Quick question who makes your traction bars?
I used a brush to apply mine

and thanks! My buddy who I bought the truck from made the trac bars. he is also a member on here

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
haha yep I hate rust with a passion. So i decided I was gonna stop it on this truck before it got too out of control
I have been wanting to do this for a while on my 05 before it totally gets out of hand, trying to decide between Por-15 and Eastwood Chassis black over some rust converter.

Truck looks ABSOLUTELY awesome. I would love to see an update on how it all holds up over the year, mostly through the winter.

·
Registered
94 Posts
What did you use to prep your parts?

·
Registered
94 Posts
By the way your truck looks great! It's amazing the difference a little hard work makes, and how much more finished the product is.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts