Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had someone photoshop my grill the same color as the truck. I think my front end has to much chrome and painting it or getting an FX4 one will help out a lot. I know that paint will not hold up as well on a chrome grill, but I'm considering painting it until I can come across a used FX4 one. So what do you guys think looks better?

Chrome?

Painted?

·
Registered
324 Posts
IMO it looks better painted. But I'd get the bumper painted too

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think they both look good. I like the balance of chrome with either one, but I'm just not sold that it changes the look enough to spend money to have it painted.

I think the anti-chrome fever has taken over so much lately most people will tell you to paint that, then the bumpers, then get harley headlights and then black wheels....

I'd say just leave it, I think it looks great and well balanced as it is. I sometimes even think about getting my bumpers switched out for chrome to bring mine closer to this look but I think I like the 2 tone look I've got now.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I probabaly should have got a head on pic photoshopped. Looking at it from the front all I see is chrome or am I being to picky?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I had this exact same truck (wheels and all, just not as high lift) and I would have loved to have painted the grille. That is a perfect amount of chrome as stated above, too many people are blacking everything out. You could paint the bumpers if you wanted to go that route but if I did it, I would try a lighter grey or something different?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Great looking truck by the way. Love the way it sits.

·
Motorsports Performance
420 Posts
paint the grille and you should get the bumper done as well

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
i like the chrome honestly with the wheels, so i say leave it unless you plan on doing paint matched bumpers and harley head lights too, i think in this situation you need to leave it or go all out

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I say leave it goes with the wheels (which look sweet).

as much as we all like to mod our trucks forever, I think you're just about done, looks perfect as is.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks.

I believe I'm done with exterior mods. Only other I want to do is tint to front bright orange reflector. There is nothng else orane onthe truck. lol.

My next mod is a bedliner and maybe a train horn for fun. I'm not overdoing the cosmetics. I like to keep it simple and clean.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Here is an overdone with color truck to reassure you.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Here is an overdone with color truck to reassure you.
I actually like how that looks, it would look way good with his set up, he has crome fender vents and such so the chrome would have its place, also i would do color matched WITH the billet grill inserts that he has also to break things up, again, i do like the chome grill and bumper, too me it looks clean

I guess what im sayin is since you have chrome, stick with it, if you had paint matched you could make it work well too

·
Registered
326 Posts
yikes that colored truck looks bad! i think from the factory ford does a good job of making it flashy enough to make it look sharp but not too much color that it doesn't stand out.

·
Registered
545 Posts
What if you would get rid of the inserts? That would get rid of some of the chrome. I'm having the same problem with mine right now. I got the same color as you with clear lenses and I need a change but I don't know what to do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts