Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys I've got a 2000 f350 7.3. Here's a little background on it. A few months ago the truck was running perfect until one day I was driving home and the hot wire on the fuel pump decided to break and yea truck ran out of fuel. That's just the beginning of the nightmare. When it died I had my cousin pull me back to his house and it sat for a week before I could get down to work on It. Well I didn't know the fuel pump wire was busted so I thought it had just ran out of gas. So I put more diesel in and tried to turn it over an it was locked up. I talked to a diesel mechanic and he said Pull the injectors and check the cylinders because the 7.3s can suck oil in the cylinders if the run out of diesel and sure enough 5 and7 were full of oil so we pumped the oil out put new orings on all the injectors and replaced the injector glowplug wiring harnessing put it back together. After that we the found the fuel pump problem and fixed that. Well after that all happend we got it running and drove it home but ever since that it will not start unless its plugged in and doesn't have any power until it is fully warmed up and when you could get it started there was no white smoke so I dont think the glowplugs are bad and there is no codes so I have no clue anymore. ANY IDEAS????

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
how long have you driven it since its been apart? Are you sure ebp is not sticking closed? Can take up to 50-100 miles to purge HPO system of air.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Test your glow plugs

The 9-pin plug is wired as follows:

G G I I C I I G G

G=Glow Plug +
I = Injector +
C= Injector Common

The injectors fire with a 115VDC signal from the IDM. Do Not pierce the wires to test.

Test between "I" and "C" to test the injectors, should be less than 5.0 Ohms.

To check glow plugs Test between "G" and battery ground. Should be between 0.6 and 2.0 Ohms

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you that's gonna save me time I was planing on pulling the valve covers and testing them I will try and test them tomorrow and see what I get ill post the results

·
Registered
853 Posts
buzz test the injectors

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Im going to take it to a buddys house he has a snap on scanner we are going to try and scan it and see what it gives us I scanned it with a small cheap scanner and it didn't give us anything so ill post reaults

·
Registered
3,397 Posts
Have you checked the glow plug relay, to see if it's working.

jrc

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes glowplug relay is good. I hooked the truck to the scanner last night and got a few different things .
P0275
P0603
P1316

there was also another one I dont remember the code ill post is when I get home but the scanner said cylinder 1&3 high low Side stuck. Not sure what that means maybe somebody could tell me like I said ill post the code for it when I get home I wrote them down but forgot to bring them with me

·
Registered
853 Posts
yes that can contribute to the hard start check the uvch for broken and chafed wires and you may also benefit from the 50 cent mod

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Valve cover gasket/wiring harness is new and ill look in to the 50 cent mod I've heard about it before but never seen it done

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
What kind of harness is it.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
The revised ford ones should have different clips and not need the quarter ..
and off brand ones have been known to cause issues according to swamps.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
You can try and test the idm
there is a similar my truck quit running thread a few posts down with instructions.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts