Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so here is the thing, i have a 95 F250 XLT extended cab with a &># and an E4OD.

i have an issue with the transmission.
it seems to only work in 3rd and 2nd and reverse.
when put in D the truck only works in 3rd, if i put it in 1 it seems to shift dwn into 2nd

here is the weird thing, my OD OFF light blinks constantly, and i keep blowing fuse position # 9
(PCM,PCM pwr relay, electronic trans control, IPR, IDM)

before i became suspicious of the problem being an electrical, i dropped the pan to change the filter.

HERES THE KICKER- THE PAN WAS CLEAN

well..as clean as to be expected in a truck with 279k miles on it with a tranny that has probably never been serviced.

im stressing out, i love my truck, and i want her fixed, please help, i know how these forums work, there are some smart folks on here. bistow some wisdom on me.

Attachments

·
Native Texan
9,037 Posts
Well sounds like u have a short the flashing means there is a trans problems and there are codes that could be retrieved with a proper scanner. The fact it is blowing fuses means there is a short somewhere. I would get the codes read and trace the wires from the trans back up to the pcm.

Explosive Diarrhea not ur friend but a great weight loss tool.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
First you'll need to figure out why the #9 underhood fuse keeps blowing. And then once that's fixed, you'll need to read the stored codes in the PCM for why the OD light is flashing (indicates a fault). I've attached a couple of the power distribution diagrams. Cheers!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok now its doing something diffrent. if i come to a stop (foot on the brake) in anything, 1,2,d,r it tries to die.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
The stalling could be a bad CPS but with a bad transmission all bets are off until it gets taken care of.

·
Native Texan
9,037 Posts
Could be the torque converter staying locked up also. Solve the trans problems first.

Explosive Diarrhea not ur friend but a great weight loss tool.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the tip, but cps is new, engine runs perfect.

dropped tranny have it disassembled. and the overdrive and coast clutchs are fried, the frictions are completely gone, no traces of them. the coast clutch drum has a significant grove in it and the overdrive sprag (plastic) is melted.

also, the plastic on the solenoid pack is melted as well.

so my question is, there is a very small grove in the case, can i reuse it?
maybe a 1/16th or 1/20th of an inch deep. not major. but before i go into reassembly i want to know so i dont ruin all the new parts.
thanks in advanced.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts