Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 96 F250 which came with a chip, pacbrake and other little extras.

It the pacbrake steated giving issues and seems to be unable to decide when or if to brake when letting off the fuel.

It makes a rattle sound but goes away when accelerating but letting off the pedal it makes a intermittent rattle noise. I contacted Pacbrake and was instructed to clean the solenoid which I found to be carboned up. It made no difference. I did pick up a stock EBPV and was going to remove the system and return it to stock.

Anyone know about these systems to fix it or the way to uninstall it without any problems.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Does the brake provide engine braking as it sounds like it’s working to me. I’d not waste time on reinstalling the EBPV, waste of time and energy. It’s design was to heat the motor on cool days faster, make no difference, fact they leak oil, plug off exhaust flow. They get gutted on all my trucks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does the brake provide engine braking as it sounds like it’s working to me. I’d not waste time on reinstalling the EBPV, waste of time and energy. It’s design was to heat the motor on cool days faster, make no difference, fact they leak oil, plug off exhaust flow. They get gutted on all my trucks.
No

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Apparently, the noise is possibly the turbo bearings going out.

So I beleive the Pacbrake would not function correctly.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I still use my EBPV as an exhaust brake on my '96. It's done by a switch in the cabin. No oil leaks so far after all these years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts