Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so driving home today I noticed my truck was running weird, it wouldnt go over 12,000 psi of fuel rail pressure and was making 45+ psi of boost on my 210 tune when before it made 32 tops. This is coupled with the squeaking issue Ive been having since my HGs were done which I am pretty sure was a boost leak

The truck had a lot of power down low more than before but when I went over 3/4 throttle the truck completely defueled and bucked real bad until I let off the gas. EGTs were also about 100 degrees cooler than normal. So I scanned codes and that is what came up. there was also weird kock/tick coming from the engine. The squeaking was also a lot less but the idle was at a lower RPM than usual

So I cleared the code and the idle immediately changed back to normal. I drove it and it seemed to be normal but the squeaking was much louder.

Also I noticed that at 3/4 throttle I was now making 25-26000 PSI of fuel rail pressure.

I have no clue what the hell is going on. Anyone have any ideas?

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
what tune are you running? i mentioned before for joshes truck and i cant remember but did you have the truck back to stock or was it still tuned?
ford normally does a reflash when do work like that...i know they did a reflash on mine when they changed out the radio, lol

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im running the 210 tune right now.

The truck was back to the stock file with the dpf on when it was at the dealer. If they reflashed it then would that explain why when I try to load my stock file now it says error wrong file?

Also I dont know if this matters but my truck hazes at idle whether warm or cold now as well. Its in the 40s so its not real cold but it never used to haze at idle like that when the truck was warm

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
i know when they do a flash on your truck it changes the engine and strategy codes.
give mick at spartan a call, he should help you out a bit as far as the error is concerned. do you have the new upgraded tunes from spartan? better yet did you do the that new DD flash?

the hazing i dont know about...i dont deal with the cold weather like most of you guys do (beautiful southern cali)

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah Im planning on giving him a call here soon. I was going to do the DD strategy flash updates so I could get the new tunes but when I tried to go back to stock to do it thats when I realized my stock file wouldnt work. lol

So Im gonna call him and see about that and I really want to get this whole fueling issue solved.

I honestly have no idea on this so it may sound dumb but is 25-26000 psi of fuel rail pressure normal at like 3/4 throttle on the 210 tune?

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
That's about right on the fuel pressure... What do you see ant WOT? I have the 210 on as well and I see about 27000-27500.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh ok. At WOT I see about 27000 as well.

But yeah when it threw that code it would not go over 12000.

·
Diesel Addict
1,565 Posts
Oh ok. At WOT I see about 27000 as well.

But yeah when it threw that code it would not go over 12000.
it sounds like its goin in to limp mode but i didnt think they could go into limp mode if they were tuned.

I know before i did my dpf delet my MAF sensor went bad and would throw a code and my truck would defuel everytime i floored it.

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
it sounds like its goin in to limp mode but i didnt think they could go into limp mode if they were tuned.

I know before i did my dpf delet my MAF sensor went bad and would throw a code and my truck would defuel everytime i floored it.
Yeah I dunno the second I cleared the code it was fine and Ive driven it a couple times since that and it hasnt thrown the code again. But it still had plenty of power and pulled just as hard but if I went oer like 3/4 throttle it just defueled

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok so its now thrown the code twice more since I cleared it the first time and only once did it actually throw a CEL

Any more ideas?

its goin back to the dealer to get the squeaking and stuff fixed soon

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok it threw the code twice more today, no CEL but my FRP guage froze at a number again and it wasnt running right when the code popped up

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah I guess thats a possibility isnt it, I keep forgetting that these engines have so many dam sensors that can go bad unlike my 7.3.

Where exactly is the sensor mounted? Anywhere that is easily accesible?

I mean the truck is going back to the dealer in two weeks anyways but I figure I mind as well ask

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
that should be a warranty deal anyway, but i think it might be under a valve cover, but im not sure on that, it might be part of the pump too i dont know.
ok, Ill just keep clearing the code but it must be about ready to go out completely since it is throwing the code more and more often now. Ill add that to my list of squeaking, hissing and now that for the dealer to fix. Man this getting annoying

·
Was PSD0389
2,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
that should be a warranty deal anyway, but i think it might be under a valve cover, but im not sure on that, it might be part of the pump too i dont know.
yeah i bet, take it in for the hubs too while your at it, they should be warranty.
You think they will still cover the warranty with the lift and and tires and all? I could see them giving me crap about that but its worth a shot anyways.

Time to prep for not having the truck for a month again. At least I got all the big materials to the job Im doing otherwise Id be strapping drywall to the roof of a jeep.:doh:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts