Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this week my truck had an argument with a snow bank. Broke the steering box. Now when I start up 2263 and 2563 are set and the turbo psi is lower, EGT's are higher and it blows more smoke. It was a pretty hard hit. Any thoughts where to start?

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
P2263 Turbo/Super Charger Boost System Performance

P2563 Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor A Circuit Range/Performance

you hurt something in the turbos.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the codes and description. I was reading a little online, seems like I f'd something up. Funny thing is that there is no body damage, just a hard hit. could something be worked loose? I just got home so can't really see anything.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
I have been getting P2263.....its EBP sensor related, but on my truck I know its tuning related (250 EGR delete) because its only on that tune and no other. P2263 is usually EBP sensor related though. Not real sure on the P2563 code. I know a lot of people have been getting that code in cold weather. I think they are both sensor/circuit related codes...not mechanical related.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is what I was suspecting/hoping that something jarred loose. I was in Lake Tahoe but the last start up occurred around 45 degrees. i will start with the EBP and see what I can find. Thanks

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The EBP is on the driver side of the block correct? That is also the side that took all the energy from the hit.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
ya its on the top of the tube coming from the egr cooler. what is your ebp when you start it up at idle? mine went bad and was reading like 85 at idle

·
The Diesel Cartel
1,111 Posts
I have the 2263 code right now too after head stud install. Truck barely makes boost, smokes alot, and egts are also really high. I already replaced my EBP sensor but nothing changed. Next thing im goig to change is the Turbo Actuator Solenoid.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
my ebp was 31.3 at idle when I started it this morning. It only ran for a min or so but the codes didn't set then. Didn't drive it though.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I forgot to add that I did see boost pressure up to 30 or so psi when driving. It had more to go if I ran it harder. If I remember right didn't yours only make like 10 or so psi?

·
IM OUT!!!
4,548 Posts
some have had that problem on the start up because of the cold weather from what i heard but then goes away...also check the MAP sensor.

·
<---- sold
232 Posts
some have had that problem on the start up because of the cold weather from what i heard but then goes away...also check the MAP sensor.
I had that problem and took out my map sensor and cleaned it and it went away. Amazing how nasty that thing gets.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I will dig aroung the ebp sensor, maybe something cracked. Well if you are thinking that 45 degrees or so is cold enough to cause the map sensor to act up. It is freezing in CA. lol I may pull it out and clean it too. Raining and blowing though, gotta get motivated I guess.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ya I changed map and ebp and things are better, haven't had real cold weather lately to verify for sure. Also when super cold out some sort of winter front really helps symptoms.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Another thing to check is your readings between air intake temps. If you ait2 reads colder than ait1 it will do funny things and codes as well. You ait2 will be colder than ait1 at start up, but after warm up and driving your ait2 should be higher. The 2 sensors should read close to the same at start up, ait2 ussually a little lower, but if it is a vast difference and your ait2 reads a lot lower, that could be your problem and you have a bad ait2 sensor.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I took some readings on the DD
at idle : map_kpa 14.0
vgtdc 0.0
ep psi 31.2
epdsd psi 4.0

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ait 1 was 52 degrees and ait 2 was 53 degrees at idle after start up. I did notice that the VGTDC goes up to 45 or so right at start up then drops to 0.

·
Madd Dogg Diesel
745 Posts
ebp shouldnt be in the 30s at idle, when mine was bad it drove normal just threw the code but still made boost

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok, that gives me something. try cleaning or replace? Would that make the vg turbo duty cycle at 0?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts