Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my truck pulls this code all the time. It is for an IDM fault and an injector code also. Out of what most have seen with this code what would be the best way of going about this. The truck does not miss like an injector is out but you can hear it runs a little rough on start up. It also blows some white smoke out when you start it up for the first time of the day and the temp at night is only in the low 50s. Keep in mind these injectors do have about 240K on them.

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep sure can. I have a scan gauge. Is there anything I should be listening for like funny noises or anything? I have done it before and they sound fine to me.

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I buzzed them and the second one that buzzed out sounds normal the first 2 or 3 buzzes then gets louder each one after. The 6th buzz also sounded a little similar but was not as loud.

This is with my truck sitting since last Sunday evening and not started so it was cold and unhappy. after I buzzed them and started it.

·
Busted Knuckles
2,456 Posts
Or if you have another truck available.. Swap IDMs and check it.
He runs the risk of frying somebody else's IDM if it is his harnesses though!

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will put mine onto another truck and test it that way.

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No I dont. I am trying to figure this out still. I have not had a chance to hook my IDM up onto another truck yet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts