Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I just bought an 06 superduty and yesterday the check engine light came on. Had my brother in law hook it up to his diagnostic plug in and it says its a p0278 on the hand held device it says its cylinder #5 injector ckt low. if im driving itll get to around 40 to 55mph and start bucking but if I let off it stops. It will also idle weird if im just parked. Ive heard it could be one of 5 things. Either 1 the injector is not seated fully 2 the injector is dirty or clogged 3 its the FICM 4 its the harness for the FICM or 5 my batteries are bad. Just wanted some insight on if any one else has had this problem. Im not to concerned because ive got the motor and tranny warranty so its getting replaced for free. I would just feel way better if I could get pointed in the right direction. Thanks guys

·
Fixing Broken Stuff
2,078 Posts
99% of the time it's the injector. Do yourself a favor and by a Motorcraft injector.

·
Registered
166 Posts
i would go with the easier cheaper ways to look at it first check and make sure all your ficm harnesses are connected properly if so check your ficm voltage and go from there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.