Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 14 f250 with the 6.7. Truck is completely all stock and has 281,000 miles but has been well taken care of. I changed my oil the other day and just stopped and got a new stp air filter. After installing the air filter I got about 10 miles down the road and got a message about decreased engine power and it went into limp mode. Pulled over and pulled the code and it gave me a p0234. After turning it off and restarting it, as well as clearing the code, everything is fine and back to normal with no code coming up again. Wasn't pulling a trailer or anything. Is it just coincidence that it tripped the code after I replaced the filter or could changing the filter in some way have something to do with it? Any advice is appreciated. Getting on the highway to go back home for Thanksgiving in a couple of days and I don't want to be stranded on Thanksgiving morning. I would never hear the end of it from the wife! Trust me, I got stuck one Thanksgiving morning after hunting and missed lunch and haven't heard the end of it and that's been 6 or 7 years ago!

·
Premium Member
99 & 00, F350s, manual and auto, Ext & Crew Cab, 4x2 & 4x4, need more room!
3,480 Posts
I'm posting this so the smart guys don't have to look it up:

What are the Possible Causes of the Code P0234 Ford?
  • Boost pressure sensor harness is open or shorted
  • Boost pressure sensor circuit poor electrical connection
  • Faulty boost pressure sensor
  • Faulty Turbo/Super Charger
  • Engine over temperature
  • Ignition misfire exceeds the calibrated threshold
  • Faulty Knock sensor (KS)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts