Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Scanned and had code P012f (oil cooler code) and P2290 (injector Control pressure too low). Began digging in to pull oil cooler and replace it. Found that the pigtail for the oil pressure sensor is ripped off. My question is can the oil pressure sensor not being hooked up set those two codes?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Scanned and had code P012f (oil cooler code) and P2290 (injector Control pressure too low). Began digging in to pull oil cooler and replace it. Found that the pigtail for the oil pressure sensor is ripped off. My question is can the oil pressure sensor not being hooked up set those two codes?
I can see the temp sensor failing causing the 12f code. The computer can't read the temp soo....
ICP low, I'd check that harness and look for oil in the harness /plug, which is a sign of a bad icp.
Always, always start by fixing known problems before doing anything else. You know the sensor harness is bad, so fix it and inspect the icp harness. After those 2 are done, you can clear the codes and drive it until warm, then do 55 on a flat freeway and check your deltas. Report back when you've done that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts