Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently did an egr delete, 4" down pipe back exhaust and h&s mini max. I finished it up, downloaded the tune deleting the emissions took it for a test drive and the next time I started it I was getting the p0107 and high boost reading. I did some research and read it might be the map sensor so I replaced it and still no change. Please help!

·
Professional American, guarding our constitution.
9,453 Posts
I'm gonna take a wild stab and guess this is a 6.4, right? @tjctransport please move this where it belongs

When you took the horizontal cooler off did a bunch of goo come out? When you do a proper EGR delete you should cut out the cross-tube that comes off the 'Y' behind the turbo and relocate the backpressure sensor that was right at the flange behind wherre that cooler bolted on to up top at that 'y' behind the turbo. It gets clogged and the MAP and that EBP sensor work together, comparing what goes in to what's coming out. When people delete the EGR and just put that plate at the bottom of that flange where the horizontal cooler was it builds up condensation and the sensor doesn't work right.

The right way to do it is to eliminate that pipe altogether and unbolt the two 10mm flange bolts behind the turbo and install that blocking plate there, drilled and tapped to accommodate the sensor. You have to undo the valve cover bolt that holds it down but good news, the tube that leads to it is the perfect length to swing up and around and reach where it needs to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts