Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago the power locks stopped working on my passenger side door. I could see it try to move but it seemed like the actuator just didnt have enough power to move the assembly.

Now it has finally given up. The drivers side works fine, and both lock switches work, just only the drivers side moves.

Im guessing it must be the actuator correct?

·
Registered
17 Posts
That would be my guess. My 99 CC actuators are really weak. They wear out over time, & Im just plain lazy & too cheap to replace them. Think they are a bit on the pricey side too. They move when I press the control button, but they barely move.

·
Registered
616 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
I did the penny fix on mine...works like a champ.
Zip tied the case good to go.

·
Registered
616 Posts
They are 25.99 a piece on rock auto. Replaced the passenger one on my mustang last year with one from them no problems since. I dont see why 26 dollars is alot if you are taking the actuator out anyway just replace it. My .02 cents

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1372542,parttype,13257

Also try this I dont know if it will work or not. Never tried yet

RetailMeNot: Coupon Codes, Coupons, Promo Codes, Free Shipping and Discounts for Thousands of Stores
The Dormans are junk, I've had to replace many of them in my shop after a short while.

·
Registered
708 Posts
I did the penny fix on mine...works like a champ.
Zip tied the case good to go.
:whs:

Do the penny fix or the tin foil fix, it's a piece of cake to do and the fix will last the life of your truck. And if you don't do that fix, you'll have to keep replacing the actuators a couple times for the life of the truck. It's a little resistor in the actuators that's causing the problem, guarenteed

1 - 10 of 10 Posts