Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
buddy was painting a weight bar on his truck and my truck was parked behind his and i have white overspray all over my truck i have been using gel gloss to get some off but does anyone else have a idea?

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
i have used paint thinner to get tar off, just be sure to wash and wax the truck afterward.

make sure not to leave the thinner on real long after you get the over spray off, do a section at a time.

and kick you buddys azz. lol

·
Metal - It kicks your ass
3,090 Posts
Try the clay bar first.... Using thinner (to me) is like washing greasy parts with gasoline. It works but, there are better/safer ways to go about it.

·
Registered
601 Posts
There are many different levels of clay bars out there. Some are real light, some are real aggressive. Don't get discouraged if the clay won't take it off easily, it may be the clay and not the method.

IMO, I would use thinner as a last resort. Clay will take off most overspray, light or heavy, especially when it hasn't had a long time to cure.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Clay bar will take every bit of it off. I have done this many, many times.

·
Registered
127 Posts
No. Not sand paper. The clay bar looks kinda like playdoe. I use the Blue Magic clay bar. Seems like it works better than the other bars. The fine will work.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Getting off the paint will be the easy part. Getting it off all the textured plastic is going to suck! Try to get it off asap. The longer you wait the harder the paint is going to get.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I got a red truck with yellow overspray i tryed steel wool on the windshield didnt work at all.... i heard tire shine works but that didnt work either.... might have to give the clay bar a shot

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
I had black spray paint overspray on my truck i used 3m brake clean it worked great very little effort to take it off!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts