Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I'm tryin to fix my buddy's 05 6.0. Its overheating and he's in Iraq. He took it mud boggin a lot before he left. I pressure washed it yesterday and washed a lot of mud out of the radiator. I know it helped but the truck still runs hot. When I was looking it over I had the ac running and noticed the fan wasn't running very strong. Is there anyway to check the fan switch? Also is there anything else I can check?

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Oil cooler sounds clogged maybe.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok. The oil smells kinda burnt so I;m gonna change it and go from there. Thanks

·
Registered
772 Posts
does it puke out the degas bottle at all?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There is no residue around the bottle. I ended up takin the truck to Ford today becuase it has about 4 wks of warranty left. Hopefully I will know something tomorrow. The service writer told me it also has two recalls that need to be done so that will get taken care of.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK guys picked up the truck today. Talked to the mechanic and he said the fan clutch was bad. He also replaced the thermostat while it was there. Had him check the ps and brakes while there. He told me it had ps fluid in it and prob ate the seals. He advised me to replace the pump and hydraboost.

Any ideas on that?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ya thats the way his is. When your rollin its fine but when your stopped the steering whines and doesnt hardly work. The brakes are real spongy too. Im gonna put a pump and hydraboost on it and go from there.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Did they say if the oil cooler passed the heat test, that is the one i would be looking at. With the fan switch bad it will get hot but i think it only comes on when pulling loads or into it for a long time under load, because i pull a 14,000 lb 5er and the fan only comes on under hard pulls. If the oil smells burned now thats hot also bad on injectors, just my thought.
2 stroker

1 - 11 of 11 Posts