Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Jaw-Juh Stroker
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for an overhead gun rack that would mount to the top of the cab without too much effort to hold a couple of shotguns mostly out of view. Anyone got any recommendations?

·
Canadian Powerstroker!
989 Posts
sounds awfully redneck to me..

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
How well would that work on an OBS single cab though? I know my head has hit the roof a time or two on some large bumps.

·
All Talk, No Walk?
2,358 Posts
yeah, but if you put them up in the back window, everybody can see them...Might not be a good idea. Especially if you have a split rear window slider, to easy to break into. Not to mention you might have the local po-po's on you if you have any guns up there when there isn't a hunting season going on.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
yeah, but if you put them up in the back window, everybody can see them...Might not be a good idea. Especially if you have a split rear window slider, to easy to break into. Not to mention you might have the local po-po's on you if you have any guns up there when there isn't a hunting season going on.
The slider is gone, I swapped it out for a one piece rear window. For the sight issue thing couldn't you just put a good tint or a huge decal around the truck to help out? Not like you would have em up there 24/7 anyways.

·
<==Drivin My Boat
528 Posts
there's a company called vertically driven products (www.vdpusa.com) that makes a shelf that goes in the sun visor holes and has a version with gun cradles called the "rifle-it". I'm looking at getting the plane shelf version since regular cabs don't have any extra space to spare.

·
DILLIGAFF
5,946 Posts
I hunted with a guy who drove a bronco once, he had a "cubby" type rack just big enough to fit a rifle in and it was mounted right where sun visors are, I thought it was pretty sweet, he had it color matched with the same fabric as well to his head liner. It concealed it completely.

·
<==Drivin My Boat
528 Posts
hey cat rebel, I talked with the guys at VDP the other day about a shelf for my truck since I couldn't find one for a 99 listed anywhere. They have expanded their applications since buying the line from pace edwards. Their priced pretty reasonable $65 plus shipping and that's factory direct.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
hey cat rebel, I talked with the guys at VDP the other day about a shelf for my truck since I couldn't find one for a 99 listed anywhere. They have expanded their applications since buying the line from pace edwards. Their priced pretty reasonable $65 plus shipping and that's factory direct.
REALLY?!?! That's just awesome! Is that just for the Superduty or for any of em?

·
<==Drivin My Boat
528 Posts
I can't say for sure but I would assume that would be for all of them. The rep said that the shelf is extruded aluminum, cut to length and then the brackets are the application specific part. So other then different end brackets for different trucks, I would imagine that the price would be very close.

·
OBS junkie
8,250 Posts
I can't say for sure but I would assume that would be for all of them. The rep said that the shelf is extruded aluminum, cut to length and then the brackets are the application specific part. So other then different end brackets for different trucks, I would imagine that the price would be very close.
Sound's great, thanks man. I might have just found something to put on my Christmas list! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts