Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
mine does not work anymore and id like to fix it if i can. I remember reading that a resistor can come loose causing it to not work, so I pulled the display apart and could not see anything loose on the board, what now?

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
if you are looking at the board the little diodes
if i remember right they are marked with a 10 on them
wiggle them to see if they are loose
mine were loose
and one missing check to see if there are any missing

i know that there is a link
im gonna try and dig it up for ya

·
<<< THE GAUGE WHORE...
12,082 Posts
There ya go, Daryl has really messed with these trucks!!!

·
Go Away I'm Baitin
1,142 Posts
did you fix it yet?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
i fixed mine...lasted about an hour ....that was before i saw that linkj I might try again...458ish from the stealer to replace one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I had a friend of mine that works in electronic manufacturing fix mine. He told me that there is a 2 step solution that the original manufacturer uses to clean the boards. The first step is some sort of acid (or something) and the second step is a rinse that washes the acid off... or something to that effect. What I was told is that it looks like they didn't rinse the acid off enough and over time, it would eat things.

I'd tried resoldering my surface mount resistors and that didn't work. He looked at the board in his lab and said that the chemicals left on the board had completely eaten the solder tabs off of the resistors. That's why I couldn't get them to stick. He went over my board and replaced all of the components that looked bad, and the thing has worked flawlessly for over a year. Amazing what you can get for a beer.

With the right equipment and parts, it's a 15 minute fix. I spent an hour to no avail. When I handed him the board he said, "This is from a Ford isn't it? I've fixed a few of these."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts