Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It stopped working, not a biggie but it annoys me since I like knowing the temperature outside and the direction I'm going.

Anyway, fairly certain it's a bad connection, I pulled off the cover and the thing just lighted up, ofcourse it crapped out again when I put the cover back on again. Now it won't come on at all.

How should I go about fixing this, is it possible to just get a new harness and change it real quick? Or do I have to start figuring out where the wire is broken and try to splice it?

Oh and which wire would be the correct one for the display?

It's the truck in my signature.

·
Lurker...
553 Posts
They're not to bad to fix if you have a good soldering iron with a small tip...If you buy a new one i'll pay shipping for you to send me the "broken" one :D

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They're not to bad to fix if you have a good soldering iron with a small tip...If you buy a new one i'll pay shipping for you to send me the "broken" one :D
Too bad I'm not in the US ;)

I'd guess that shipping that thing over there,from Norway, would probably be like $30-40 :p

So it's more or less certain that it's the circuitboard? Guess I'll have to start practicing my soldering again, haven't been modding circuit boards since I was fixing NES' on my freetime XD

·
Lurker...
553 Posts
it only take a few minutes to pop apart...once you can see the PC board and reference it to the pics in the link above you should know what you're up against....

$30 shipping wouldn't be terrible if it was resellable :)

·
Registered
574 Posts
Too bad I'm not in the US ;)

I'd guess that shipping that thing over there,from Norway, would probably be like $30-40 :p

So it's more or less certain that it's the circuitboard? Guess I'll have to start practicing my soldering again, haven't been modding circuit boards since I was fixing NES' on my freetime XD
search locally for a electronic repair shop
I had mine done for FREE by a guitar amp repair shop near my work office. they resoldered some of the resisitors and refluxed the pcb in a day

·
Science rulz
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I feel I can't do it myself I'll just call over to one of my buds, he's been hand building circuit boards from time to time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts