Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does this run off of a fuse for the MPG and the TEMP my new SD doesn't lite up and i'm thinking it might just be the fuse but can't figure out which fuse that it might be by the owners manual? Its also missing the cover over the display having a hard time hunting one down at a junk yard?

thanks for the input!

·
Diesel Huffer
908 Posts
lots of times the connections come loose on the back of the board, have to pull it apart and use a sodering pen to get them from wiggling around, i just smack mine a few times then it works till truck gets shut off.

·
Registered
316 Posts

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
It is a pos lil chip or group of chips that get loose , there are a few fixes out there,
Used to be a member here that would try to fix them, I forget eho though.

I botched my solder job, bought a new one off ebay worked great but have to get it reprogrammed some day, I think it was for a sb with a 19gal tank or something.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Also getting the console itself off is fun, I suppose. You could use two small screw drivers and compress the tabs but the are a biaaatch to get to, I found at the last step I needed a good hard yank worked well, sounded like it shattered to pieces but was fine. Though I left mine off till the new one came in. I wouldn't want to do it twice.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool lots of good info here...if it ever warms up out here instead of dumping snow i can get some stuff done to my truck...need a garage!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
yeah, that FTE write up on how to fix the overhead was awesome. Got mine working, but the ave MPG is just pegged at 11.8. Never moves. Hell, it's a lie-O-meter anyway.... Stil nice to have it light up again though!! HAHAHA:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts