Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I need some help here. I have a 1997 Ford F350 7.3 w/ Automatic transmission. My truck will not go into overdrive. The light on the shifter is stuck to off and is lit up.

I did replace the shifter and the button from OEM Ford parts and it did not work. I look at all the wiring and it all looks good. If I remove the button from the shifter and use a wire and jump the ground it will shift into overdrive. CRAZY!! You would think it would be the button but its not.

Any ideas here? Driving me CRAZY!!! Appreciate any help you can give.

·
RustbeltJohnny
63 Posts
Hello,

I need some help here. I have a 1997 Ford F350 7.3 w/ Automatic transmission. My truck will not go into overdrive. The light on the shifter is stuck to off and is lit up.

I did replace the shifter and the button from OEM Ford parts and it did not work. I look at all the wiring and it all looks good. If I remove the button from the shifter and use a wire and jump the ground it will shift into overdrive. CRAZY!! You would think it would be the button but its not.

Any ideas here? Driving me CRAZY!!! Appreciate any help you can give.
Ok so I assume its the E40d. If it is, I would do some google searches as well. Im sure someone will chime in with info soon. The reason I say hit google with the issue is because I have a buddy with a 460 gasser and it also has the same issue but I cant remember what needs to be done to solve the fix or what steps to take. keep us posted.

·
RustbeltJohnny
63 Posts
Does it slam going into gears? Did this just happen or is this something that happened a minute ago and your still driving around? If so what does your oil look like in the Trans? Have you pin tested the wire with a multimeter to be sure you done have a short?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts