Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
dut221
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I have a question I hope someone on here knows the answer too. I ran at the strip this weekend and on my second pass at 60-70 mph my truck just stalled out of nowhere dropping down to 800ish rpm's. Its like it had to take a big deep breath lol then out of nowhere it comes back to life. My foot was to the floor the whole time. Did it over boost and its a detonation safety thing or?? It also did it pulling my buds duramax out of mud 3 times. I would have it to the floor then it stalled for a couple secs then it would come back to life then it would stall again.. Any ideas?

·
dut221
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gonna need a lot more info to diagnose that one such as codes, tuning, and set up of the truck.

Its not throwing any codes. And I have the "overboost" code turned off on my sct. So idk itlf that's what's keeping it from throwing a code or not. Or if that's even the problem.

Sct innovative street tune and extreme x tune its done it on.

Maybe something to do with my external wastegate or bov?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Watch what gear you're in next time. Mine does it sometimes and it is bouncing between gears 3 and 5. Like it cant figure out which gear to go in. I'm pretty sure it's my trans. Mine also slips a little in 5th. Is you're trans stock? I have the same tuning.

·
dut221
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a mildly built trans, tripple disc, upgraded frictions and steels, billet input and whatnot. Just built maybe 3-4 months ago. Pretty sure it was in fifth of o/d. There is no bouncing when it does it. Although I know what your talking bout. And certain its after 3rd gear being around 70mph

1 - 12 of 12 Posts