Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Smokin_Powerstroke
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2001 Power Stroke with the Edge Evolution and I like it but here lately it hasnt been cutting it with those damn high boosted duramaxes and high hp chipped dodges. They dont get by me much and i just need that little extra bit to get em so I was wondering if using that overboost annihalotor from ITP is a good idea to go along with my Evolution programmer. It says it changes the boost up to 22 psi and thats alot better than my stock 17 psi.
Also will it hurt my turbo cuz i really dont wanta go putting 2 grand into my pickup rite now.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
All the overboost anihalter does is stop the PCM from throwing a code, which causes it to defuel..............
It wont give you more power.......It will just allow you to sustain it......Which edge program are you running..........I had an evolution and I could peg 28lbs no problem in the race file.

It "can" potentially damage the turbo, not ITPs product on its own, but the Egde will with the ITP OBA.....Because now it will hold the high boost numbers for as long as you keep the skinny pedal to the floor.............The stockers arent built to handle much more then 25-26 lbs

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
It doesn't raise your boost, it blinds the MAP sensor from seeing your true boost pressure so that it won't relay it to the PCM and the PCM won't have a hissy fit and pull your fuel.

If you're making 17lbs now, you will see absolutely no difference.

·
Smokin_Powerstroke
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ive got it on the extreme performance mode and all i can get outa it is 17 psi tops. My turbo is stock without a boost controller on it or anything and i dont think that you can adjust the boost pressure with the evolution.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Works great man i have one on my rig set the regulator to 22psi which thats the maxium the pcm will allow before it defuels never turns the light on im making almost 27psi of boost

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
You have to adjust the boost with the wastegate on the turbo, nothing to do with the Evolution directly. The hotter the program the more boost since you are putting more fuel in the engine.

The MAP regulator is a good idea as you don't want the MAP to see anything over around 20-23psi.

Do you ever get a SES?

·
Smokin_Powerstroke
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya everytime i race it gives me a DTC and their usually overboost codes.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
Sounds like your boost gauge is crap.

·
Smokin_Powerstroke
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well according to my module it says im getting 17 psi. I just assumed it was accurate becuz it was getting it from the computer. Should i buy a single boost gauge and not listen to my the edge evolution module.

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
It's just that the PCM isn't on the one hand going to be thinking it's seeing 17lbs and on the other hand be setting codes for overboost.

Those are mutually exclusive. You can't have both.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Get a real boost gauge and a MAP fooler (I like the one from ITP, but any of the good ones work) to start with.

If you have an overboost it's because you have 24psi or more (exact number depends on PCM code) reguardless of what Edge is telling you.

·
Sleep well my brothers
2,063 Posts
I have ITP's OBA and I have never set a trouble code for overboosting. In my buddys set up he don't have one and set trouble codes all the time.

·
Engineering College Boy
403 Posts
You got the numbers for the code that your throwing?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts