Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Wheelie Dude
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
We tried everything we could with programming and nothing seemed to work. if I would let the pcm handle the fan lock up the fan rpms would never get more then about 800rpms and the engine would get hot towing. Manually lock it up to 100% and it would never get over 199deg. Not sure why we couldnt get a tune to work but customer needed his truck back and was cool with a fan switch to we through a switch on it and he picked it up. I am sure we will run into this again just have to get the programming right I am sure.

·
Wheelie Dude
2,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I dont have a working VCM so using AE it would sometimes go to 30% at idle but rpms wouldnt go that high, every now and then it would hit 20% while driving but same thing rpms would stay around 800-1000 and temp would just keep on climbing. Most of the time it sat right at 0%dc especially when heavy on the throttle.

I think the issue with the SCT was Cassy wasnt using an older strategy. Nothing we tried with that strategy worked. Turbo seemed to work fine and Ac was workin but fan did not.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts