Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
03 F350 7.3L
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had their's stop working? How do i replace it?

·
Resident Idiot
661 Posts
I had the same thing happen to mine on my old truck. The resistors came off of the circuit board. Sent it to a guy on Ebay and got it repaired for like $20 I think. I would check for power to it first but if it has power, that is probably what happened to yours too.

·
03 F350 7.3L
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mine worked for a little bit when winter started again and went off.
How do i remove it to check it out? i didn't see any screws and i don't want to just start pulling on it without knowing.
Did your compass part ever work? Mine never did, it would either be in the set up mode for the compass or work but not point the right direction lol

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yep that's it "The resistors came off of the circuit board" they are small chip ones that you can put back yourself with a small soildier gun

There aren't any screws just clips, you just need to get your finger under it and pull straight down.... hard and scary but if all goes well it'll come off. Be careful to not lose the resisters once it's loose

·
03 F350 7.3L
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll have to check this out.

·
Registered
332 Posts

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Google overhead computer fix...
outside temp will get you a plastic spark plug looking sensor on your front drivers grill.
Steady hands soldering...its a maybe it is a big plastic box looking resistor that says 516 or similar..
i fixed mine then it died again...bought a replacement that is way off calibration on dte....must of had a small tank.

hardest part is gettin console off...,i used the grab and yank hard method...
though after wards there are two small slots you can poke with a small screw driver in the black part of the cubby at the top.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Scratch that last part your console is different...i would look for screw or tabs..on that.

·
03 F350 7.3L
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
03 F350 7.3L
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts