Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Old But Sexy junkie!
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of another option for batteries than Optima? Nothing angainst Optimas, but before I go spend the money I'd just double check. Was thinking about the yellow tops to help run the winch.

Brad

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
There are many options. What in particular are you looking for in a battery? starting only? Deep cycle capabilities?

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
I only buy DEKAs. See if you can get a marine deep cycle w enough CCA

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Go to an Oreillys they have there own version of the gel cells they are pretty good. I also like the gel cells Napa sells they are excides .

·
hit n miss
549 Posts
Caterpillar <-- seriously they have awesome batteries

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
The batteries that these other members are mentioning are decent for the money. But if you want THE VERY BEST look into Kinetik. We use these in all of our high end installs from 160 mph race boats with quad big blocks to duche bags that want stupid loud stereo systems.

·
Demon Dually
5,140 Posts
Well a deep cycle is definitely the direction you want to head in. The next issue is where you are planning on mounting the batteries. If you are planning on keeping them in the factory locations and orientation then a lead acid battery is fine but you could also go with a gel cell battery. You will want to go with ones that have the highest reserve ca. You may also want to look into the "ambulance" alternator in order to help recover from heavy winch pulls.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I looked in the cataloge the other night there is a few options for us OBS guys I need to see what amp rating mine is if its not the 130 amper it will have one soon.

·
A Ghost these days.
1,017 Posts
Deka has a group 65 AGM batt. It was scheduled to be out at the end of OCT. It's good for 800 CCA at 0 deg. It's sweet and it's made int he USA unlike the optima.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I bought Die-hard P-2's last fall. 935CCA, 135min reserve, and gel-filled. Me and my Brother are running these batteries. He has an 01PSD.

I love them, truck never fails to crank, even after cycling the GP's a few times (its a PITA to start sometimes, it gets cold) They seemed to have dropped in price a little since I got mine.

DieHard Automotive Battery, Platinum P-2 - Group Size 65 (with exchange)

DEKA, makes Die-Hard batteries also...

·
THE ONE AND ONLY!
2,736 Posts
If I freaking HEAR one more PERSON call them GEL CELLS, Someone is going to PAY!......:mad:

Optimum is NOT a Gel Cell....PERIOD....No battery on the AUTO market is GEL CELL! (at least none that is easy to get)

Aljay, you should KNOW better....:poke:

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
BTW, Did I say Optimas are JUNK JUNK JUNK????:doh:
Did I say optima's rock :D

Only one to go bad in a ton of years.

Course they are expensive.....

I run nothing but optima's when I can justify the cost.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts