Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know anything about the 6 litre turbos at oreillys auto parts? They are about $1100.00+core. I forget the brandname but I'm wondering if these are ok or if I should just bite the bullet and spend the extra cash for the oem brand? I'm still somewhat green on powerstrokes. Used to be a gas mechanic. Any help is welcome.

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
Are you talking about their remans? Just the stock garrett that has been reman'd by A1 CARDONE.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought they were new units manufactured by an aftermarket company. You probably are right though. Didn't talk to them long enough to get all the details. I was in a hurry. If they are Garrett remans, I'll just buy that so long as they are done right. Thanks for chiming in.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thats what I was thinking, for $1100. Usually for the price of an OEM part, you can find a better aftermarket.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Let me throw this out there...

On our trucks, is it really worth just throwing a new turbo on? Ive always thought its almost mandatory to put at least a FASS and some sort of injectors.

·
Faster Than You
933 Posts

On our trucks, is it really worth just throwing a new turbo on? Ive always thought its almost mandatory to put at least a FASS and some sort of injectors.
A powermax will support from stock sticks up to 190cc sticks, beyond that it gets to smokey. Any truck would benefit from some sort of low pressure fuel system upgrade for a multitude of reasons though.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts

not mandatory to upgrade the fuel pump and install larger injectors when doing just a turbo upgrade. A larger fuel pump would be nice when upgradeing to larger injectors.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I figured as much. If anything, its almost madatory to add turbo/pump when doing injectors

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
I figured as much. If anything, its almost madatory to add turbo/pump when doing injectors
Depends on how big the injectors are. I ran my 190/75 injectors with the stock turbo for a year with no issues and it ran great. However a pump upgrade when doing injectors should be considered.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I wonder if a powermax would pass california inspection?

·
Registered
221 Posts
my guess is Yes. As long as there are no viable sighs and your don't tell them it isn't stock.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Dont make it tempting or anything! Hahaha

·
Registered
221 Posts
The powermax is my plan when the stoker goes. I will take all precautions to make it look stoke. I live in CA, too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts