Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Well Tester
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys its my birthday and my gf just told me to order guages for my truck for myself...sooo im just wondering whats the 3 most important guages i should order.
thanks, aaron

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
pyro, trans temp, boost

·
Captain Negativity!
3,108 Posts
Boost comes with his truck. The water temp on the dash isn't marked with what you need to be able to compare it to oil temp to know if you should be pulling over before too much harm is caused.

Pyro, Water Temp, Oil Temp. Fuel pressure (If she really loves you)

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,868 Posts
if she loves u that damn much get me a fuel pressure gauge while ur at it lol, nice correction doug i forgot all about his havin it in the dash already

·
Well Tester
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah i was thinking pyro, boost, trans temp since thats what everyone around here seems to do...here anything bad about glowshift guages? i love the look of the tint ones

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
why not just go with a edge insight.. you will be able to monitor 4 things....

and the majority of people talking bad about GS gauges are people that have not run them before.. i have ran autometer, isspro and now im running some GS gauges and they seem fine to me...

they are a good entry level gauge kit...

-Raul

·
Well Tester
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the input Raul!

·
Registered
652 Posts
hey guys its my birthday and my gf just told me to order guages for my truck for myself...sooo im just wondering whats the 3 most important guages i should order.
thanks, aaron
I have the same truck just installed the Edge Insight and it is sweet! Running OT,WT,TT, pyro and fuel pressure AutoMeter on the column. By installing the edge you are able to keep the grab handle. The 2 most important things to watch are the Water Temp and Oil Temp, the max difference in temp is 15 deg. if you have temp over that amount the oil cooler may be getting plugged and that is from the casting sand if you do not have a coolent filter installed, and the fuel gauge will tell you what you are running for pressure. Anything under 45 lbs will play havoc on your injectors. Right now i am running 50lbs at idle and 44-45lbs peddle to the metal so i just ordered a Fuel Pressure Spring Kit from ford and i only have 24000 miles on mine. I have the coolent filter installed one change and full on sand, and the temp in oil and water are running 6 to 8 deg. difference. Also installed the Amsoil by-pass and running Amsoil 15w40. Did not mean to ramble, but hope this helps.
2 stroker

·
Hate 'R Us
2,436 Posts
Just get A-Pillar gauges. I've been through 2 electronic gauges, both have broken on me.

Whatever route you decide to go with do yourself a favor and make sure to monitor the four most important things you need to be aware of:

1. Pyro
2. Water Temp
3. Oil Temp
4. Fuel Pressure

·
I Just Break Stuff
2,201 Posts
I run GS gauges on my truck. No complaints here. They look nice blacked out when there off, and you can damn sure see them at night. Its all a matter of preference. I would probably go with pyro/tranny/ EOT/ECT.

·
Well Tester
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah i think im gunna go with pyro tranny boost. then later on get the edge insight

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
I have boost, pyro and tranny since that was what everyone else was using. It's a waste of money. Listen to PSDplayer and PainTrain

Pyro
EOT
ECT
Fuel Pressure.

I think fuel pressure is probably the single most important one ona 6.0. Even stock 6.0's should have that gauge.

·
Well Tester
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
alright i price those ones out in the mornin

·
Well Tester
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
in what range of temps and pressures should i be getting for the gauges?

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
You guys don't think he should be watching the trans????

·
Well Tester
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah i think i need trans cause i tow trailers once in a while and would like to keep an eye on it....is the stock turbo gauge good? since your all saying not to bother with the aftermarket one

1 - 20 of 46 Posts