Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered up a Beans Diesel Performance chip. I have been running a DP for a couple years now and hopped on teh forum for the first time in a long time and read some great things about Beans 7.3 tuning. Figured Id give them a try. I ordered the whisper, high idle, tow, econo, daily, and performance. For those of you who have ran both what do you like better about beans or vice versa? Thanks

·
Registered
132 Posts
I would have to say that being able to use the full pedal travel was one of the biggest surprises to me. At first I was disappointed until I stepped on the pedal harder and felt more power.:rockwoot:

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Wow man! I just ordered from Beans last nite also. Im ready for them to get here! Looking forward to them, as this is my first 7.3... so far they seem to know thier stuff. Ill report back as soon as I get mine too.

·
28 cent #2
2,874 Posts
Wow man! I just ordered from Beans last nite also. Im ready for them to get here! Looking forward to them, as this is my first 7.3... so far they seem to know thier stuff. Ill report back as soon as I get mine too.
Give me a ring and let me know what you think. I am gonna want a ride in yours to compare you know.

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Give me a ring and let me know what you think. I am gonna want a ride in yours to compare you know.
Ight. Will do. Probably be first of the week before they get here though...

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Have heard nothing but good about beans

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
David, processed your order today, chip will be there Monday/Tuesday at the latest. powerstroke742008, the same can be said for yours!!

·
Registered
249 Posts
how much $ did the chip come to be with shipping and all? im trying to get one and was thinkin beans...

BOTTOMS UP!
Chris 0.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i ordered one of there chips about a month ago and i love it. just ordered stage II injectors and a gtp 38r from them and going to take my truck to jonathon next thursday to get it all live tuned i will let you all know how turns out. they have been a great bunch to work with thanks guys for all your help on this.

·
Registered
391 Posts
i have there tunes with my stage 2s and they really run good. The thing i like the most is that they are very drivable, not touchy like some of the others.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
good to hear fellas. I do like the fact that the throttle isnt supposed to be so touchy. Just ordered this morning, hopefully have them by next friday.

·
Registered
389 Posts
does anyone know if jodie has figured out the throtle sensitivitie yet i have a dp and dont wana spend that much to change to swamps? i have always disliked my dp for that reason though.

·
F250 Black Cloud Edition
690 Posts
Just switched from Jodys tunes to Jonathans tunes about a month ago. Night and day difference. Jonathans tunes are so, so smooth. Uses the whole pedal, Shifts are awsome, and he knows where to take the fuel out to make the truck run sweet. Hes supposed to be making a trip back down here, to get together and live tune 3 or 4 trucks, then i will get a quarter mile comparison. But well, well worth the money. Wish i would have went to him first, before i spent so much on reburns for my DP.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yea I always liked my DP except for the touchy throttle. Cant wait to try the new one out though. Im gonna go CRAZY this next week or so waiting. Sounds like they will be completely different in all apsects.

Anyone running a Beans on a stocker with supporting mods? Seems like everyone has injectors and turbos. I dont have the funds for that stuff, not yet!

·
Crazy wid da cheeze wiz
2,411 Posts
Yea I always liked my DP except for the touchy throttle. Cant wait to try the new one out though. Im gonna go CRAZY this next week or so waiting. Sounds like they will be completely different in all apsects.

Anyone running a Beans on a stocker with supporting mods? Seems like everyone has injectors and turbos. I dont have the funds for that stuff, not yet!
Mine is stock... I guess you could say that, a 5" straight pipe, AFE or AEM (not for sure) intake, and a 1.0 exhaust housing, and thats it. Stock injectors and turbo.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts