Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm putting a set of blue top Optima's in my 05 F-250 and the factory battery hold down isn't going to work.

For those who have installed Optima's in their 03-07 Superduty's, what have you done to hold the batteries down? I'm looking for something a little nicer than a bungee cord. :D

Thanks,
Snake

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Funny (I guess), but after I posted I spent some time on google and think the same thing. Of course AutoZone, PepBoys, Adavance Auto, and every other shop like that doesn't carry the effin things.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Unfortunately for me, I bought them from an independent distributor. Meaning he has no shop (he's my stereo install guru and has this as a side business).

I'm guessing my best bet is to just call Optima.

·
owner/president
2,768 Posts
Mine came with the batteries also,but i believe ITP sells the trays for them.

·
40 lug nuts
3,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Turns out the yellow tops and red tops come with them, but the blue tops do not. Called Optima and they're sending out the bottom snap in adaptors so I can get rid of the zip ties. I feel so ghetto right now.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Turns out the yellow tops and red tops come with them, but the blue tops do not. Called Optima and they're sending out the bottom snap in adaptors so I can get rid of the zip ties. I feel so ghetto right now.
Thats strange my blue tops came with them but I ordered them from interstate.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts