Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any one here ever run Opti-Lube Diesel Additives stuff? Seen them a a couple shows out here in Utah and wondering if any one has used them?

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
what truck are you asking about in particular ?

what are you hoping for ? fuel MPG ??

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
04 6.0. Mileage would be nice. I took one of their samples but want to see if any one else is running it before I just start throwin something in.

the truck is at 200k + and i have replaced all 8 injectors and 2 hipops with in the last year and would like to see at least another 100k if possible out of it.

·
Administrator
32,949 Posts
it won't hurt anything IMO so i wouldn't hesitate to try it IMO

they have a handful of variants I would aim for the highest lubricity and cetan versions

i also think synthetic oil is a key ingredient for the 6.0

·
Registered
328 Posts
I use it .. have tried multiple other solutions .. and although i have not had a bad experiance with them, for me the opti lube works better in my truck. I run the cetane booster and the lube (4 oz) . deff quites the truck down. Also still continue to run rev x in the oil.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I am currently running it know. I only put 2oz in of the 4 oz sampler. I figure that one sample would not be enuff for a fair trial so I split it and that will give me at least 2 tanks to say aye or nay. So far no complaints. I notice they also have an Oil fortifier that I may try.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I am now on my second half of my 4oz sample. I dont notice anything power wise, which I wasnt really expecting, I still notice quit a bit of black smoke but I attribute that to the fact its a higher mileage truck. I have though noticed a slight gain in mileage, I was getting about 340-350 per tank depending on how i drive, now I am at 350-360. So I will continue to use it and monitor how the truck runs, it is oil change time so I am going to get some of the oil fortifier and throw it in to see if it quiets it down any.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts