·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What if I upgrade the shocks to bilsteins?

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
I have had good luck with my rancho 5000s. I like the steins just not in my price range but heck I wanted the resovuir (sp) type lol!

·
10.61 @ 128 MPH
2,297 Posts
well its a hanger lift....im running a 3.5 hanger and add a extra stock leaf in the front, drop trac bar brackets, pitman arm. rear short add a leaf. i like mine. drives a little stiffer than stock just because the rear has the big add a leaf. i picked my whole lift up for 150 bucks used. i heard the x springs ride nice and gives you about 4 inches of lift i think

for all that money for that kit on ebay, you could probably pick up a all spring kit which is better

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanx for the help guys. Im just looking at adding like 5 inches of lift the cheapest way possibe. I dont do mt off roading at all but I dont want it to ride like crap either.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
Yeah, there are lots of hangers way better built than those.

I've seen some similar ones from ebay (not sure if they were the same ones or not)....definitely nothing to be impressed with.

Donahoe Racing, Fabtech, Full Traction, RCD, BDS, etc.. all make much better quality hangers and shackles.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
i heard the x springs ride nice and gives you about 4 inches of lift i think
X-springs ride stiffer than stock and will give you 2 inches max. Probably 1.5" after they settle a little.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts

·
Colorado PowerStroke Club
1,207 Posts
Donahoe is the best out there from what I have seen, but I've been happy with my Fabtech lift for about 3 years now. My shocks need replaced, but I would think any shocks would need replaced after that time.

Good luck!

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
I've got a Donhoe on mine and love it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So theres no way around spending under a $1000 for a quality 5 inch lift?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts