Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, sorry to post another opinion thread but I will hopefully be purchasing either a 6.0 or a 7.3 by the end of the month. Found this one on the mustang forums site I am on. Its an 04 with 155k. Looks real good. Whats everyones opinions on it? Yay or nay. Keep in mind I would not be able to purchase a warranty due to the mileage. This will be my work/more or less daily driver. Here is the specs and the link beneath it are the pics. Thanks in advance!

ARP-Studded Heads
Banks-Intercooler,intake,downpipes
Magnaflow Dual Exhaust Turbo back
Edge Evolution platnium attitude
Superchips Flashpaq Programmer
ProComp 6inch lift
20"XD Series with 36/15.5/20 MT SuperSwappers
Hid 10K Kit Headlights and Foglights
Tinted Cab lights
LED Taillights
LED Brake light bar
Tonno Cover
Sprayed in bed liner
Running Boards
5% Tinted Windows
50% Front Window Tinted
Black & Gray interior
Carbon Fiber interior kit

2004 F250 Powerstroke pictures by superchargedbrad07 - Photobucket

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
That's not an Edge Evolution Platinum, that's a Edge Platinum with Juice monitor, depending on how long the Edge has been on there would determine my interest in the truck.

·
loud and long
567 Posts
:whs: i had an edge on my truck and i hated how it shifted. then i got an sct but anyway i would be concerned with all the mods to. my buddy bought a 7.3 with a h2 turbo ,stage 1 injectors, tapercore intercooler,ats trans, and the killer....propane. we were working on the truck more than he drove it and its now sitting out front of my house forsale, so if ur instrested he wants 10,000.hahah.. just be careful, its a nice looking truck but iwould be a little scared

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll find out more info on the edge. Its got higher miles than I wanted to be buying in to but it looks real clean. Good eye with the edge products. I'll post up the answers when I here back from the seller. thanks fellas

Nick

·
Yeah, it's like that
2,419 Posts
The mileage wouldn't concern me but having the hop up parts on it would. From my experience of people that I actually know in person, haven't had much luck with taking the 6.0L to the edge of performance. I have read stuff on here about guys doing it and not having problems, but from personal experience I wouldn't even think about it. My 6.0L has 160K on it relatively problem free. I have exhaust, air box and intake on it. That is about as comfortable as I'm willing to go, but I actually work my truck on a daily basis and I look at it as a tool, not a truck. It makes me money and that is about all that I care about, if it is always breaking down and I'm paying for repairs, it is no longer an asset to me or needed. JMO

·
Registered
221 Posts
it is one you would have to test drive three or four time to decide how comfy it is. 150k eh wouldnt worry about that, with mods and the looks of the truck (going by what i see by pictuers only) it hasnt been a work horse it looks like a daily driver or a hot rodder...but i got a few mods on my truck i dont even worry about my truck. evey problem i did have with it was when i did have edge chip. just gotta feel if the one selling it is trustworthy or not????
my 2 cents

1 - 9 of 9 Posts