Which tail lights would look better?

• Tinted stock 99-04 tail lights

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Recon smoked LED tail lights

Votes: 17 60.7%

Opinions on tail lights

5K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  southmike 
#1 ·
Alright, i'm torn up between two options on tail lights.

Either tinted like this (photo credit to BMac):

Or the Recon Lighting smoked LED tail lights (photo credit to diesel power mag):

The tinted tail lights would be done to my stock 04 tail lights, and would be done for free as i work at a body shop.

Which would you guys do? I'm not really a fan of aftermarket tail lights but i would love some LED tail lights and the recon lights don't look bad.

On the other end of the spectrum, i love the look of stock tail lights, but they need to be darker to go with my black truck.

And of course theres the money issue. I could either get tinted done for free, or spend $300 (a no brainer money wise, but not a big issue).

What do you all think?

See less See more
#2 ·
you can get led tail lights off of ebay for about half that price. I like the the led tail lights myself. they will be much brighter than the stockers tinted.

#4 ·
I like the tail lights on the 2010 trucks. Not sure, but they look like thay will mount right up.

#7 ·
I have the LED lights on mine and love the way they look got them from ebay for like 150 shipped last year and they still look great!! just ordered the smoked headlights with LED corners so hopefuly they turn out as sweet!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.